View Single Post
Old 01-31-2013, 01:35 PM
kay carlson

Well, I have no intentions of going out today so this is appropriate for the first monthly report.

I have been working on clearing out numerous household items from our basement and workshop. These items were reviewed last weekend and we have received/accepted a fair offer. The bonus is that our storage area is much more in order and the final pushes will show more positive results.

No miscellaneous fabric purchases were made during the month. I did need flannel for burp cloths, purchased it and made up several items. The remaining cloth has been cut and will be assembled in sets of two for chain piecing. These are priority items for gifts and charity donations.These kits will be finished before I start another project.

White Kona has been ordered for background to complete another quilt design. This is strictly basic stock.

Scraps are being used for scrappy sample blocks and a lap quilt. Sample blocks will be displayed next Monday at guild. Small groups are to be working on quilt block rows for quilts to be shared in our community.

Today, I ordered superwash wool sock yarn for myself. I have made two pairs dress socks for DH and one pair of casual socks for myself this month. My closet and dresser drawers have been cleaned, with several items purged.

DH has been reminding me that the local quilt shop is having a Super Bowl Sale today, tomorrow and Saturday. The tip of the subject is that he gave me fifty dollars this afternoon and told me that I was to use this at the shop tomorrow! (He doesn't know about this 2013 fabric moratorium.) This is pulling me from side to side. We should all have "decisions" about generousity....

It is definitely time for me to leave the board and sew! Blessings to all...

Last edited by kay carlson; 01-31-2013 at 01:38 PM.