Old 01-31-2013, 04:47 PM
JenelTX

Originally Posted by JNCT14 View Post
what i do is make the applique shape out of freezer paper without seam allowances. I iron it onto the right side of the applique fabric I want. Then I rough cut about a 1/4" seam allowance around the shape. I then either pin, use a very light basting spray, or hand baste the applique piece to my quilt. I can now turn the edges under right up to the edge of the freezer paper so I get a nice clean line. I peel the paper off when done. I find that the freezer paper piece can be used about 3 times before it refuses to stick. Heres an example.
Ohhhh, that's really wonderful! Thank you so much. I love this board. I really appreciate everyone taking the time to share your methods. I think I'm going to try a few different suggestions with different pieces, and see which one works best for me. I like the idea of just appliqueing at the edge of the freezer paper on top of the applique piece, without having to trace anything. That must be a really fun reveal, too, once you get the whole thing sewn down and can peel off the freezer paper.