Old 01-31-2013, 06:41 PM
DonnaMiller

Sorry. Bubble wrap cannot withstand the G forces generated in shipping. I have had 2 machines nearly destroyed in shipping to me. The best one of three was in styrofoam. A sewing machine man stated to place plastic sheeting around the machine and pour plastic foam liquid around them to fill the shipping box. That would leave no room to move. The bentwood cases fare the worst. The spool pins poke through them and the bottoms are beaten to pieces in shipping. I have had to replace all the dowels and repair other damages with epoxy. They can be repaired, but it is expensive, time consuming and intrusive. The best one was sent in a styrofoam cooler with rounded corners, very thick. They wedged styrofoam pieces in the harp of the machine and between the foot controller and cord. They then taped all this with plastic tape and placed itin the outer styrofoam with wedges of the same material. It arrived without any damage. I saved this packing in case I neeeded to mail a machine somewhere. Bubble wrap is false security. If you could find a thicker and beefier version, it may work, but just know the machines are heavy iron and not be underestimated in their destructive power when loose in a box.