View Single Post
Old 02-01-2013, 08:31 AM
SueSew

Default Summer Wind (Miss Rosie) Completed!

It took me months to choose the Scarborough Fair fabric. Then more months to select a pattern! Then more months to wait until I felt ready for the challenge...Then endless weeks to figure out which of the thirty-odd FQ would go in which border and more weeks piecing and sewing the medallion and the borders...and making up my own sash and border to make it bigger...and then weeks of indecision about how to quilt it and when to stop. Finally, I decided to have a label done - my first labeled quilt!
( I know, shame, maybe done 14 quilts now, no labels!)

Net net, it was a bit too much of a 'stretch' project for me, but I got through it and I think my daughter Ali will love it! The Miss Rosie pattern was excellent - page after page of instruction and diagrams on each border - and Dawn did a great job on my label. I'm going to carry it from Boston to Los Angeles to give it to Ali in two weeks.

I have to thank you all who have given me good advice and encouragement and inspiration over the last two years since I started quilting. Thanks for letting me share!
Attached Thumbnails summer-wind-ali-copy.jpg   dsc_3696.jpg