View Single Post
Old 02-01-2013, 11:52 AM
Teeler

@ Louise: Nope, your DD is not getting that quilt back...puppy says "MINE!"

I like the responses here and can relate on most sides:
  • I've used old quilts that have no meaning to me and are just old and dirty to cover furniture while moving, and pets for vet trips.
  • I've sent quilts that have no meaning to me to GW (because, IMO, someone will use/love it more than I)...for the record, it's not about the person that gave it to me; most of the time I have no idea where said quilts came from.
  • I've used and loved one quilt from a childhood friend that she gave us as a wedding gift...it has been used and used...it's the biggest and warmest...and has just been used and used...and recently got a hole in it. I was sad, but also, as I took it out of the washer, realized that it wasn't out of abuse, but love of the quilt that it had come to such a state.
  • I have friends that would love to have a quilt for their dog...and some of them would actually pay you to make a REALLY NICE one for their pet.
  • I have a cat who laid claim to my chicken quilt while I was photographing it. No, it's not for you, but ok, you can lay there. I bet this is often what happens to quilts that end up "going to the dogs" because the dog CLAIMS it as their own at some point.