View Single Post
Old 02-01-2013, 06:08 PM
LynnVT

I live about eight miles from their Rockingham VT store and 20 miles from the main store in Weston. The company was started in 1946 by the Orton family and their children still run it as far as I know. They carry excellent quality products, but their prices are somewhat high. Their claim to fame is old time stuff that you didn't know was still available, like Fuller brushes and vintage style kitchen items, toys, candies, and Vermont made cheeses. They have an outlet area at the stores, so if you're there you can find a few good deals. I have heavy, insulated canvas type drapes in my bedroom that I got there half price. If you buy something and are not happy with it, you can get good customer service on returns. They do their shipping from Manchester VT and if you call, you'll talk to someone right here in Vermont. No outsourcing to India. I just looked at the website and they also have some outlet bargains there, too. It's not WalMart, and most of us around here are very glad of that. Some of their products are hard to find elsewhere.