View Single Post
Old 02-01-2013, 06:33 PM
KarynneStorm

Once I worked them up into smaller quilts, I realized it was a prettier set up than I thought it would be. I have to remember that people see the quilt, and the gift, not the mistakes.

I used two of the 4x5s to practice on a rented long arm machine, and the very first one that turned out funny, I gave to the shop to donate with their teaching quilts to the shelter. The second one turned out a lot better, and I finished a quilt that I have had ready to go for about 6 years. I feel really good today about finishing those. I now have a baby quilt ready for the next boy or girl. YAYAYAYAYAY.

And finally, I quilted the family reunion raffle quilt. It is by far the most ambitious quilt I have ever made. I am not 100% happy with the pattern I FMQ, but you know what? it's one of a kind, my first finished quilt and will make someone very happy to win it. It's a Karynne Original.

FMQ is a lot more difficult than it looks and I can see why the people who do it professionally, can keep doing it. I like doing it, but sometimes it's worth it to just pay someone else to do it well.

Thank you for all your kind words and ideas! Be fearless, be bold, and everything has a use even if it didn't turn out like you wanted.