Old 02-02-2013, 07:02 AM
GramMER

Default Finally! I am able to share photos of my last three finished quilts

You may remember I asked quite a few questions about what to do with Daisy Kingdom brand John Deere tractor fabric. I had some wonderful suggestions and finally ended up with a nice quilt for a sweet little red haired boy. You can see I bordered the tractors with black on the green blocks and brown on the yellow blocks. That worked out nicely. The back was a frustration to me because I had used a nice printed fabric with borders that matched the top inch-for-inch. The back was distorted in the LAQ process. Anyway I have learned a valuable lesson and the little boy never knew the difference. If his mother knew, she did not complain.

The baby quilt is for my next great grand daughter to be born in March. I cannot say much about that except that the fabric actually is delightful and bright. You would never know that by this photo. I need a new camera.

The little pink, white and blue quilt is another one that taught me a valuable lesson. The back was identical sized blocks (8.5") as the front only they were all plain blocks. I thought the back was prettier than the front because I hated the way the borders worked out. Anyway, that was another frustration because the LAQ cut off about 7" of the blocks on the back. Live and learn. The little girl who got this one was happy and probably will never know the problems I see unless some adult points them out to her.

Now I am planning to work on a queen size quilt for our oldest grandson who has just been declared cancer free. It will be made of Moda Snow Days (blues and grays), and I am anxious to begin. Maybe the last twin quilts and the baby quilt will have been good to help me do a better job on the next one.
Attached Thumbnails travis-quilt-almost-finished.bmp   ariannas-quilt-unfinished.jpg   annes-finished-quilt.jpg