View Single Post
Old 02-02-2013, 07:34 AM
Blackberry

Originally Posted by Blackberry View Post
I am trying to do SITD on my Singer 201. I bought the correct walking foot for this machine from sew-classic. Now the problem seems to be that the foot doesn't seem to be feeding the top layer at all. I have tried working with the pressure foot knob on top of the machine but I can't see any difference when I have it all the way down or when I have it unscrewed about 1/4 of an inch. I just can't figure out why the walking foot doesn't want to feed. I have looked at it beside my brother walking foot and they both seem to work the same way. However, I have no trouble with the brother walking foot feeding properly. Do any of the wonderful, knowledgeable people on this board have an answer for me.
I did some adjustments to my machine by setting the tension looser and also by unscrewing the pressure so there is less pressure on the foot. I then did a practice quilt sandwich and it seems to be working a lot better. I am not sure how far up you can screw the pressure foot but I may try doing it a little more.