Old 02-02-2013, 07:52 AM
QuiltE
Power Poster

JanRN ... Thank you! I don't do shams, so that's why I'm thinking the 9 long. 8 is more than wide enough, as you know. Am going to play a little with quilts I have that are closer to the sizes they would be. As for your extra blocks ... you'd have enough for another quilt! What about using one of OKSGlad's patterns where she had some on point like a medallion in the centre? Tablerunners/toppers or dresser scarves? Window valance? and if for the ones you really hate, you could always create fashionable grocery bags! And perhaps Patches needs a new quilt too!!!

Anael ... those are so cute! You're going to have to publish your patterns!! Be sure to get DDIL/DS to take pics of them snuggled in.

I do have one Chinese recipe of sorts that I make at times, to get my "fix" ... unrolled egg rolls! Add some rice and it's a good start. Other Chinese recipes, I just don't do anymore. Chili is something I don't make just for the reason ... volumes! Instead, I buy a few at Wendy's. They freeze OK in the take out cup, then zap it in the microwave when I want to eat them and I've had that taste for awhile.

QNSue ... good deal! And good that the two of you do treat yourselves too!

Now ... I am off to quilt the quilt!