Old 10-30-2009, 12:38 PM
omak

I spent years using my 6 x 12 omnigrid ruler for almost anything and everything I wanted to cut. Then, I started 'branching out" ...
The ones that really unnerved me were the square rulers ... it started with the six inch, which the industry immediately came out with and 8.5, then I took a quilting class and needed the 9.5 ... at which point, I felt a bit hamstrung, went in to get the biggest square I could find that did NOT have the half inch included, and found the 15"
I KNEW someone was plotting against me when I got back from the LQS with my HUGE 15" square ruler, and I don't think it was a week, someone was on Simply QUilts selling a technique that used a 20" square ...
I didn't swear off fancy doo hickeys, but I want to think I am learning to wait until whoever it is that plans these things, has quit following me around! <g> sometimes, it is really hard not to take these "coincidences" personally ... I don't have a tin foil hat, but by golly! sometimes, it seems like "they" are watching me! LOL