Old 02-02-2013, 09:17 AM
craftygal63

Thank you mmb195152. This is only my 7th quilt top and I have not graduated to the "big girl" tools yet, LOL! The heart pattern is just one I drew on a piece of paper and transfered to a piece of heavy weight card stock. The I flipped my fabric and traced the heart on the back of the fabric (I think I used 21 different prints). Then I sat on the sofa and cut them out by hand while I was watching all my recorded shows on the DVR.

I used 10.5" squares (24 - lavender) and placed 8 hearts in a circle. Then arranged the three center hearts to cover the open area in the center. Appliqued the hearts on my machine starting with the "full heart" and working my way out. That way I could smooth any puckers as I worked my way out and around. Then I ironed the squares and trimmed each down to 10.25" squares (to re-square my blocks).

Then I used 2.5" sashing to frame the squares (lime green).

Then I added the 3.5" border (floral print).

Now that I see it this morning, I think I am going to add another border to the top. Maybe another row of the lime green and another row of the floral...we will see.

I spend more time trying to decided which fabrics I liked than I did on the piecing.

Thanks for looking!

Originally Posted by mmb195152 View Post
I really love your quilt. I do not have an accuquilt cutting system, so please forgive my ignorance. Are the hearts made from dyes from the machine? Is there a pattern for the mug rug? I am not a good enough quilter that I could make this without the guidance of a pattern. thank you.