View Single Post
Old 02-02-2013, 10:50 AM
barbarakibler23

Just a question for the group? Is this your first time in a swap and have you ever made anything with 2.5" squares???

I have swapped with a group (not on this board) for 2.5 squares we did the swap 4 times in one year and that is where I got addicted.
Then Felicia invited me to join this board and the swap that Sheri is hostessing. I have since joined both of Sheri's swaps.
Projects made from 2.5" squares:
I have made 4 quilts that are sofa cover size...because I have a dog that thinks she in charge in my house. 2 were gifts to the family I nanny and 1 is on my sofa and the other is in my car. The gifts covers where purple and blues and they turned out really nice . Their sofa is royal blue. The car seat cover is an eye spy with all the kid friendly squares that I have received.
I have also made 3 lap size quilts. One that was every other piece white with the other piece bright that was a gift for my daughter in laws mom. The second is one that is called 5 at 5 very cool looks kind of like a film strip. I can give anyone the link for the directions for that one. That was a gift for my friend. and the third one is for my mother in law and it is all greens, reds (not Christmas) beige and pinks. I found a piece of fabric that I fell in love with and used it as a 5" boarder and pulled colors from my 2.5" stash to fill in the center.
If I ever figure out how to post photos I will do so.

Ok who is next.......................