Old 02-02-2013, 12:17 PM
Alondra

Nancy Halvorsen comes to mind... love her soft, dreamy colors and quaint designs.
Bonnie K. Hunter at Quiltville.com. Love her patterns and clear instructions.
Barbara Brachman has done an incredible job with Civil War era quilts (with some history thrown in, even).
Carol Doak's paper piecing patterns... wonderful! Great instructions and patterns.
Georgia Bonesteel... what can I say?
Eleanor Burns - who could get along without Quilt in a Day? (not that I ever quilted one in a day, mind you, but I keep hoping!)
Debbie Beaves.
I tend to lean toward traditional prints and patterns... avoid cartoons and other proprietary prints and other such cutesiness like the plague. If I put that much work into something, I want it to be a classic, not outdated next year. Also not terribly fond of graphics, at least the bolder ones... not a Riley Blake fan. Ditto for Kaffe Fassett.
And a huge thank you to all those like Janet Wickell on About.com, who bring us pattern libraries. What a tremendous gift! (And she's by no means the only one - just the one whose name popped into my mind at the moment.)
Here I have to mention Jenny Doan at Missouri Star... her video tutorials are the "bestest".

Last edited by Alondra; 02-02-2013 at 12:20 PM.