View Single Post
Old 02-02-2013, 11:50 PM
ailene

Hi, just thought I would jump in, I am new here and feeling my way around. You have chosen some soft, pretty fabrics to quilt with. I like your color choices. Do you like to applique? For me I am an applique nut. I start piecing and wind up adding applique to everything I do! LOL. Personally, I would add some more white for say twenty- ten to twelve inch blocks- and make a cute Dutch girl twin quilt or maybe a foot of the bed coverlet or lap quilt would be nice. Those patterns are easily found on the internet, and all kinds of cute ones also.
I would take away the one on the end, the blue, and add a soft, solid lavender in it's place to compliment the pink and use them to make the hats, shoes and baskets etc. out of the solids. Also the sashing. The flowers and other fabrics could be their dresses, umbrella or other designs you wanted to create. If you wanted to leave the blue in, you could add a Dutch boy and make his pants and shoes from it. Applique adds all kinds of possibilities to quilting. Just my opinion. Everyone's quilts on here are beautiful. Hope to get as good as some of you eventually.