Old 02-03-2013, 04:05 AM
Jan in FL

Smile Thank you for your support - results of your encouragement!

I started a thread last August, http://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1...t-t197907.html, about a quilt top I was piecing from a pattern I bought, Shadowplay. The instructions required sewing blocks and then trimming them down which created a lot of problems when I tried to match seams, etc. I was ready to give up ...... until you all gave me words of encouragement and suggestions to press on!

Since this post, we have bought a new house and moved so quilting got put on the back burner for a few months which was sad enough in itself. However, it gave me just the time I needed to consider all the wonderful words of advice I received on this board and make a second attempt at getting this top pieced!

I ripped every seam and started again. I have not quilted it yet (this is my next project as my DH bough a longarm for me last year and I have not felt that I was ready to tackle learning how to quilt but I am diving in to that in about a week, too - slowly). Here's the picture of our efforts - I say our efforts because I did take everyone's advice to heart and as always, YOU CAME THROUGH FOR ME. Thank you so much. I feel a great sense of accomplishment. I also felt like you were all there with me as I ripped and sewed and ripped and sewed. I've said it before, but this is truly the best group of people found anywhere.
Attached Thumbnails shadowplay-2-.jpg