View Single Post
Old 02-03-2013, 08:16 AM
JulieR

Originally Posted by Missi View Post
Can anyone relate?

I had quilt retreat this weekend and had a great time. It was the first time I have touched my machine in months. I got home tonight and told myself I would put my stuff away not just throw it in the quilting room. This got me to picking some stuff up and putting other stuff away. My stash is overflowing its shelves, unmade kits are stacked all over the place in bags and plastic containers. There isn't any more room on the shelves for containers, the magazine holders are full, the scrap bin won't close.

I don't know where to begin. I've taken a new job and find myself exhausted when I get home and can't find the energy to turn on the machine let alone find what I need in the quilt room. Does anyone have advice?
Let yourself off the hook! There's no law that says your space has to be clean. It doesn't HAVE to be organized. You don't HAVE to sew a stitch. Breathe!

I'm in a horrible place with work right now and I have no energy and no time for anything, it seems. So of course I've started a new project, which is ridiculous...BUT, it's one that I can do little bits at a time, some in and some out of the sewing room. I can take bits to work to entice me away from my desk at lunch. The process is very grounding for me. However, on days when I just can't do it, I DON'T -- and I don't feel one bit bad about it.

I guess what I mean is if it feels good, do it. If not, so what? Your projects are patient. They can party in the closet while you rest up.