View Single Post
Old 02-03-2013, 11:04 AM
brenwalt

Originally Posted by Jan in FL View Post
One of my coworkers just asked me to make a T Shirt quilt for her daugther who gradutes from high school in June. I have not made a quilt for anyone but family until now. I made a T Shirt quilt for my own daughter and really didn't care for it but she loved it.

I initially declined when she asked me in August. I explained that I did not feel that I was experienced enough. She approached me today and asked again. She said she is not looking for perfection but rather a sentimental gift for her daughter. And, I have until June so there is no pressure there.

I guess she caught me in a weak moment because I agreed. Now what? She said she would make it well worth my while - which isn't necessary. The well worth my while comes from the pleasure I get from making quilts. It is also awkward to have to figure out what to charge.

Anyway, I told her that I would bring in a book of T Shirt quilt patterns on Monday so she could let me know what she is looking for and we would go from there. So, I guess I am making a quilt for a coworker......ugh.
"Relax and Enjoy" - These are fun to make and there are as many ways to construct them as there are people to do them. Google T-shirt quilt instructions. There are a lot of them out there. Read them over and then "do your own thing." Have fun!! You and the recipient will both be very pleased!!