View Single Post
Old 02-03-2013, 02:21 PM
DebbE

Beautiful work! You're working on a piece of art! I know exactly how you're feeling, too. I was laid off in 2009, called back, laid off again in 2010, called back and in 2011 laid off again...for good. I was off 5 1/2 months, sent out 75 resumes and did a lot of praying. I knew I didn't want to go back to that field - poor prospects for my future (I don't want to be off work anymore as I want to retire in a few years!) and I was 55! I asked the Lord to put me into something NEW where I could learn new things, and through helping people feel good about myself. He answered that prayer in a BIG way. I was hired in a completely new field, primarily because of my customer service skills. Our medical/dental/vision coverage is completely covered by the company, and I make a little more than I did before -- but what is most important to me is I LOVE my new job. So you see, what seems like the end of the world sometimes isn't. But I totally put the whole thing into His hands, and I'm thankful everyday for where I am now.