Old 02-03-2013, 05:10 PM
BoJangles

Originally Posted by vintagemotif View Post
Nancy, Sorry to hear that your local quilt store is closing. Maybe a group of you can rotate homes or meet at library for that Girls Night Out. Is there a guild that is close by for you? I'm glad that you were able to pick up the Alder, another for your private museum. Enjoy!
Thank you Monica. I will post some of my own photos after I get it cleaned up. This machine is very interesting. It has a grove for the treadle belt to make the machine fast or slow. The book is in German so my son's MIL read some of it last night. The small belt grove is for sewing. The large belt grove is for embroidery so you can go slower with more accuracy! DH says this machine is like a bike, where you have a large sprocket and a small sprocket. I learn more and more all the time. I am pretty sure none of my other treadles have this feature!

Cathy, I got the bobbin winder to engage, but I will take you up on the tire. The tire on this machine is shot. I haven't tried the needle yet. Still oiling and cleaning.

Anyone know how to date an Adler? The serial number is 208232. I am already in love with this machine. I love the face - it reminds me of my Wheeler & Wilson's, which are 2 of my favorite treadles.

Last edited by BoJangles; 02-03-2013 at 05:15 PM.