Old 02-03-2013, 05:13 PM
auntpiggylpn

I had to do a presentation on how technology had made an impact on a certain aspect of my life, which included a power point presentation. I did it on quilting and focused on how quilting started out so primitavely and how with modern technology it has become much more technically advanced. I focused on where pioneers got fabric and now we have shops just for fabric. Scissors vs. rotary cutters and die cut machines. Hand sewing vs. sewing machines and also long arms. Plastic templates vs die cut, etc. You get the idea. I also brought in one of my quilts to for show and tell. This presentation was to a class that besides the instructor, I was the oldest student. I was amazed at the questions that the class asked as most were 18-30 yo and had no one that they knew that quilted.

I still have a copy of my slides (although we were able to use pictures). I can't locate my written report though. If you would like to see what I did, PM me and I will send you a copy of mine for information purposes.

ETA: I found the written portion as well!!!

Last edited by auntpiggylpn; 02-03-2013 at 05:19 PM. Reason: add more information