View Single Post
Old 02-03-2013, 09:52 PM
JanTx

Default it followed me home, really! :)

My old machine died - my husband said it died of exhaustion. He found this 6600 for me through calling everyone around and asking for best prices. This Janome 6600 was a demo in a quilt shop and we were told was used only 11 times for that. (Maybe just by little old ladies on Sundays?) Anyway, she's new to me and feels wonderful. The owner of that quilt shop has this model at home and when I can find time I'll go to her for class. In the meantime I'm figuring things out as I go.

I think naming one's machine is rather odd, but after I learned about her existence and found she might be coming home with me I woke up one morning with the strange, but true idea that her name is Sylvia.

So Board, meet Sylvia. We're like foreigners getting to know each other right now, but I'm hoping for many long years together.

The 9" harp/throat, dual feed, auto cutters, and PRICE we were given (though huge to me, better than we'd found elsewhere) were the deciding factors. The shop that will work on her is wonderful - we've worked with them before. My husband spent a long time talking to them before we brought her home.
Attached Thumbnails dsc00184.jpg