Thread: Easy Quilter II
View Single Post
Old 02-03-2013, 11:04 PM
00maggie

Ihave the EZ Quilter...bought it at the Dallas Quilt Show last year. It has been waiting for a place to live...but the den is finally arranged such that it has a special place in front of the big window so that it does not need to be broken down when not in use. I had to talk hubby into giving up that space for his HO train hobby! Hopefully we will get the frame set up this week and then I'll be ready to rock and roll. I will be using a vintage mocha colored Singer 301 short bed machine on the trolley (I removed the short flip up extension to the side of the needle for greater access to the needle area. I can't wait to try this because I have never accomplished FMQ the other way and I found at the show that I could operate the EZ Quilter just fine. In fact, I was able to do some pretty good designs with it.

I do not have the space or the money for a long arm, and now days it costs so very much money to hire someone to do quilting...so, I'm hoping I get lots of use out of this frame system. I make mostly lap size quilts for charity.

One of the ladies on this forum encouraged me so much because I was so frightened of trying to FMQ...and now I can't wait to do it!