View Single Post
Old 02-04-2013, 03:19 AM
ckcowl
Power Poster

i have to say- that's a first i've read---a recommendation for (wax paper?) are you sure you aren't using freezer paper?
generally people avoid Wax paper in the sewing room since it gums up needles, leaves (waxy) residue on every thing- including (oily wax) stains on some fabrics- is difficult to get off surfaces (like machine beds)
i had not heard of anyone actually using it as a (slider sheet) i've used lots of minkie & fleece for backings---they seem so slippery all ready i'm generally trying to find ways to stablize them- not make them more slippery-
this is an interesting tip-
i don't know if i will take wax paper into the sewing room- years ago i took the finish right off a machine- trying to get the wax off- after mistakenly using it instead of freezer paper& i ruined a large piece of fabric that had oily wax stains on it- that even with dawn dish soap still left stains...i will follow this post to see what others experience i guess. seems like wax paper hasn't changed over the years though- still the same stuff i pressed leaves between sheets of 50 years ago- i use it alot in the kitchen.
anyway- interesting (tip) has me wondering...