View Single Post
Old 02-04-2013, 09:17 AM
Camille

Default Help with Grandmothers Flower Garden

I've been working on this quilt since Nov. all by hand. I need advise on what to do with some areas that I'm having design difficulties with. First, I don't know what quilting design to use when I am finished. I DO NOT want to hand quilt inside each hexagon with 1/4". I wish I had the funds to send this quilt to Charisma and have her quilt it with her magnificient design ability. Second, I ran out of the green fabric for the path. The fabric is from David's Textiles and does not have a name or # in the selvage. My computer fried a few months back and I had a link saved that you entered a photo of your fabric and viewers responded with where to find it or that they may have some in their stash. I would like to add another row on the top and side to create a queen size. Each diamond is a different calico fabric. I collected them from several quilt shops thru my travels. I joined a quilting group in Oct. and they were working on these hexagons and they caught my attention. I enjoy hand stitching at night when watching TV with dh. Evidently, I'm compulsive as I have it all done 2 months later. I also have enough hexagons cut out to create at least 3 or 4 more quilts. MAYBE my 2 dd's will get one next Christmas.
Any help would be appreciated in finding more of the green fabric and with the machine quilting ideas.
TIA
Attached Thumbnails grandmothers-flower-quilt-hand-2.jpg   grandmothers-flower-quilt-green.jpg