Old 02-04-2013, 11:57 AM
Vanuatu Jill

Hope you start feeling better soon, Louise. I am just getting over it, except the cough part. I sure felt horrible for a week or so. Mine wasn't stomach, but felt like the worst cold I have ever had! What made mine worse was I also had a bad sinus infection ( which I have suffered from on and off for about 25 years). I don't know if what I had was flu, but luckily (knock on wood) no one in my family has caught it from me so far! Our room in always in the 50's at night when it is really cold because even though the fireplace heats up the main part of the house (when DH builds one in the wood burning stove), it doesn't get back to our room which is at the back on the other side of the house. My sons don't want to use the house heater because of the cost, and since they pay the bills, (we live with them when in the US) they call the shots! Besides, they don't feel the cld like we do. I think, however, a cold room is healthier because germs don't multiply as easily in the cold ( or so I am told). Thank goodness for our electric blanket!!!