Old 02-10-2008, 08:32 PM
Flying_V_Goddess

Changed the design a bit. Well, not a whole lot...got rid of the compass and added a border around the map part. I like this better...the compass created a lot of room on the right side, which is where they put an image of the controller to tell you what buttons to what when you bring up the map and how many sub-maps you have...crap that I don't want on this map, but when I got rid of it had a huge amount of space to fill in.

Trying to look for some sort of border to add in the corners of the quilt. Possibly Celtic knotwork...haven't found anything I like yet.

Still don't know how big my islands are going to be or how I'm going to add them in. I think applique is out of the question...I think if I do a decent sized wall hanging they might end up being too small to do so. And I just suck at applique...I've tried and I'm just not getting the hang of it. The only way I have thought of to get the islands onto the fabric is to screen print or print them onto fabric with a computer printer...and I don't know how to do either. Well, I kind of know how to screen print, but getting the design onto the screen is the part I don't know how to do. As far as size goes, 1/24 of the block might not work at all...have to test it out, but maybe something like 1/12 or something smaller than to scale, but still indicating "big sea, small islands".

I think I want a different font for "The Great Sea". Might add island names depending on how it looks.