Old 02-04-2013, 01:05 PM
jennb

Tomorrow I'm going to a quilting/sewing bee that my church has twice a month. Its my first time going. I don't have much to bring them for show and tell right now but some of the ladies asked me if I would bring a machine or two to show, so I decided I would take the Wanzer HC, because its in working condition, if I can figure out how to sew on it. That way they can actually play on it a bit. (see my thread posted asking for help).

I think I will take one of my clones along as well. If you were not a collector but sew, what machines do you think would be of interest? I don't think I will take my featherweight along. I'm sure being quilters that they've all seen or have one of those.

I'm looking forward to 5 hours of child-free sewing time and getting to know some new ladies. I'm fairly certain I'm going to be the youngest one there, but thats nothing new. Rarely do I ever meet anyone my age who has the same interest in these machines as I do. I've decided I'm going to take a project to work on for myself, not one of my customer orders. I need to do something for me for a change.