View Single Post
Old 02-04-2013, 07:47 PM
VickiM

Originally Posted by charlottemarie View Post
Vicki Hi! I've been missing you on the QAYG group. You mentioned a booth, where do you sell your quilts? I have been away from the group for a while. I have been quilting, got a machine, now I can quilt as I want to. Take care!
Good luck with your quilts, they are great!
I do some local craftshows here. I sell the quilts probably for less than I should...just to recoup some of the cost of doing this...whatever doesn't sell by the end of the year, I donate. Along with the ones I donate to the guild every couple months. I just make whatever I want to make, & if someone likes it & buys it, all the better! I do it because I love it. Used to just give it all away...still do alot. I will be starting my GS T-shirt quilt next month (he graduates in June). Have not had a chance to start it yet, but will use the first QAYG method she taught us. I like that for making the larger quilts...I have a Janome 6600 that I do all my quilting on. I do my piecing on my Viking Designer I. Everything else gets done on my Janome 9000 (my workhorse) & the Marie Osmond hubby bought me last year. It's nice having machines set up specifically for different things. You don't do what we do in 5 minutes, but the different machines help cut out unnecessary time taken away from making everything. Have fun with your quilting!