Old 02-04-2013, 10:39 PM
Mizkaki

Nancy,

I doubt that this machine takes the 12x1. I haven't seen this machine in person so I am using an educated guess about the needle . I believe that it should take a DBx1. The 16X1 needle is the same length as the DBx1, 16x231 and 15x1. BTW did you orient the needle so that the long groove is to the left and thread it left to right? The needles that I gave you are round shank and the orientation must be done with care. If you did orient it correctly and it still doesn't pick up the bobbin thread, try scooting the needle down a tiny bit.
If all else fails, I will be home on Friday and will be glad to find you the correct needle.

Cathy

Originally Posted by BoJangles View Post
Cathy, I tried the 16x231 needles. They are not right, or something else is wrong because the needle won't pick up the bobbin thread. The needle that came with the machine won't pick up the bobbin thread either. The bobbin is a full rotary. I will keep playing with it, but I don't think these needles nor the one someone stuck in the machine are right for the machine. According to ISMACS needle site, this machine could use a 12x1, 16x2, 16x1, 7x3, 134-35. You know more about needles and these old machine than I do. What do you think?

Nancy