Thread: Janome mc6600
View Single Post
Old 02-05-2013, 06:17 AM
QuiltE
Power Poster

Originally Posted by Ben View Post
It makes me mad I spent good money on this machine and its not working right were taking it to the shop the 16th of feb well see how that goes ill have her get some of that other thread and see how it works.
It's a great machine and I've sewn many miles with mine since purchasing almost a 1-1/2 yrs ago.

Glad tha tyou have an appointment for it. As mentioned, if you purchased it from the dealer, taking it back, will let them check it out that all is OK. Also, be SURE to take the free lessons. Even if one or both of you have sewn for years, there are little things you can pick up via the lessons.

Thread ... when I was taking my lessons, one of the gals had problems and was told to use Aurifil thread. I was scared ... so just started using Aurifil to ensure my machine was cared for and loved and to hopefully avoid any problems.

Til then I always thought thread was thread, and what difference could there be? Truth be told, , now I absolutely hate and detest using the other threads and Aurifil gives me such a good stitch. Now that I know the machine well, I do sneak back to using other threads only because I want to use it up, but only on not-so-special projects. There's been no problems and it stitches fine, but I sure have noticed the difference in the amount of lint produced ... it just seems to grow.

I just thought of a suggestion ... try stitching off to a pieceof fabric (or use leaders/enders), so that the thread is held in place when you start stitching, to prevent the nests you are experiencing. The other way, is to hold the bobbin and spool threads til the first few stitches are made. I found I needed to do this with my previous machine ... but was shocked to discover it was not required with my 6600. It still haunts me at times ... and old habits die yard, as sometimes I still do it out of that habit!!