Old 02-05-2013, 06:39 AM
BoJangles

Miriam and Grant thank you! I had the machine tilted with the underneath up when I was oiling everying that looked like it should move!. This machine is the gunkiest machine I have ever had - and you all know how many machines I have bought in the last few years! It is like oil was baked onto this machine - not on top, just underneath! I litterly scraped off gunk with a knife! I am still using sewing machine oil, but you have convinced me to finally order some Tri Flow!

Last night I finally got the feed dog drop mechanism to move - only with help both on top and underneath, but it still won't move unless I physically push/pull the bar underneath.

Cathy, I changed the orientation of the needle several times. In the manual it appears to thread right to left. I kept moving the needle ever so slightly until I finally got the needle to pick up the bobbin thread. It should stitch now, but the feed dogs were stuck down. I had to remove the feed dogs and play with the bar underneath that releases and sets them. I got it unstuck, the feeddogs popped up, but now they are stuck up! It was late, so I haven't tried to sew yet! Today, hopefully I can actually get a stitch!

Nancy