Old 02-05-2013, 09:52 AM
janRN

Thanks, Ggal; I get the JB newsletter but skipped this one. I do like this quilt. As for y-seams, I think the whole thing can be paperpieced and so avoid those but I didn't read enough of the pattern to make sure. I have a few of her border print fabrics, love them, but have been afraid to cut into them. Can't imagine keeping all those straight lines, matching seams, etc,. and getting the block to look like she does.

I'm still drawn to the Compass Star Blocks from Quilting on the Square website that we talked about earlier. I tried one of the blocks and they go together nicely but they're still challenging, especially fabric choices. Can we keep this project in the running when we decide what we're doing next?

I just started cutting a new table runner pattern from Pam Bono. Have any of you done one of her patterns? It took me 1 1/2 hours just to cut the background fabric!!! It's all straight cutting, then cutting subsets. I have 6 more fabrics to cut then I can start figuring out how these bazillion pieces go together. I've only done one block by PB and it went together easily after a lot of cutting so fingers crossed on this one!