View Single Post
Old 02-05-2013, 10:08 AM
romanojg

Originally Posted by ube quilting View Post
Please don't use permament markers on quilts. They are not that permanent and will bleed.

Invest in a pigma pen to sign quilts. It is well worth it.

I have done both signing the quilt and adding a lable and even sew a special block right into the quilt baking so it can't be removed.

my Bernina has a feature that does printing in two sizes and I will use this on the binding. It is not every noticable and all the information is right there. I have machine printed poems that go all the way around a quilt.[ATTACH=CONFIG]393144[/ATTACH]
I think this way would be great for someone in a home; like the elderly. I have heard of many stories where someone will steal the quilt and take the lable off and a family member has seen someone else with it but management wouldn't do anything without proof. This is why some who have quilts given to those in this situation, rather the elderly, military a dorm, etc will actually quilt on top of the lable making it part of the quilting proces so it's harder to remove the lable. I like this idea. I did this a few yrs ago when I made my grandson a rag quilt for naptime at school. I put his name on it, his school's name and the year. I know my son and my daughter, they'll never get rid of that blanket. he was so proud to take it to school.