Old 02-05-2013, 11:20 AM
CAS49OR

Linda, that would be a nice way to make it, and have a 3-D element to it. I ended up fusing mine with Heat and Bond and then stitched over the edges after it was fused. BTW I didn't see the instructions for this so I ended up figuring out it had to be made in three sections, then I seamed the two right side pieces together, and sewed them to the third piece. I did this by laying them right sides together and sewing along the printed line. (You can stick pins through the printed pattern at the corners to line them up right.) I was unable to sew one of the sections in so I changed the pattern (top right). I didn't notice till I was doing the top-stitching that I had two purples together, oh well.... it's a design choice!
[ATTACH=CONFIG]393292[/ATTACH]

Originally Posted by wildyard View Post
One of the easiest ways I know is to use a piece of thin muslin or other thin fabric and cut a piece to match your heart. Place them right sides together and stitch 1/4" seam all around the outside. Snip seam on curves so it will lay flat after turning. Next, make a slit in the center of the thin fabric and use this to turn the heart right side out. With a chopstick or other long pointy tool, make sure your seams are well turned and laying flat. Press then stitch to your background fabric by hand or machine, as you wish.
Attached Thumbnails botmfeb13.jpg