View Single Post
Old 02-05-2013, 12:19 PM
MargeD
Power Poster

Default Too many UFO's?

Originally Posted by noradi View Post
I have quilted for 30-35 years. On & off. I go in streaks & I am now in one of those on periods. The problem is, I want to make everything I see! I buy fabric that I will probably never get around to using. I must have at least 20 unfinished projects & I want to start another! I have been working on some of those this time but have also started a couple new ones. I am a very undisciplined person & know I must work on that but at 65, is it even feasible to make such a huge change in character? Would my family & friends still love me? Oh well, I think I'll go do some quilting & worry about it later.
I have absolutely no idea what you are talking about. NOT LOL. I've had the problem almost since I began quilting, so many quilts I want to make, so little time. I have several projects I should be working on now, so what am I doing? I'm putting together a very, very simple log cabin variation from a kit with the pieces all cut, just nearly mindless sewing and not much thinking. It's the downtime I need before I begin some projects that require more thinking on my part - the family reunion quilt for this year's family reunion, a bed quilt for our DGD who has begun sleeping in a "big girl" bed, a bed quilt for my DS and DDIL, and oh yes, a Boston Commons quilt in batik fabrics FOR ME!! I think the someday I'll get to the Boston Commons quilt is moving up almost to the top after the first 3 quilts. Hey a girl needs one for herself every now and then.