View Single Post
Old 02-05-2013, 03:06 PM
mermaid

Originally Posted by Bamagal View Post
I have the 780d (same as yours just got it from dealer). I always print out the color sheet do I know what is next. Once the machine stitches the first color , it cuts the thread and stops. Lift the. Needle and retread with next color. Drop the needle and press the green button. When that color finishes. The machine will stop. Lift the needle to thread third color. Repeat per color. The saker told me to always lift the needle to retread. I Also bought a separate thread holder that fits behind the machine. The thread seems to flow easier.
I think you mean "raise the embroidery foot". You must raise the foot so the tension disks can open to accept the new threading...then you let the foot back down and push "GO" again. But always remember to raise the foot before removing thread and rethreading. And never forget to put the foot down before restarting. I've done that several times---you can raise a whole family of rats in the nest of thread under your project. And it might be a good idea to have a thin blade nearby, cuz you will then have to cut the threads under the hoop to remove your project. Just sayin.