Old 02-05-2013, 06:58 PM
Mizkaki

Nancy,

The difference between the DBx1 and 16x231 and 16x257 is the scarf or lack of one and possibly the tip length.
most of the time they are interchangeable. The exception is a zigzag machine that uses this style needle won't work with the non-scarfed versions.

Yes, I will be there on the 16th. The needles I gave you last month were a gift. No payment will be accepted.

Cathy

Originally Posted by BoJangles View Post
Thank you Trish, Cathy, and Judy! I will post photos of the Adler soon. I am sanding the cabinet. I want to do a light re-finish on the top - it is pretty beat up but no veneer missing or chips.

Cathy if you are coming on the 16th? I will pay you for the needles and I'd like to purchase a spring needle. Probably the 12. I lucked out with this Adler, I have a ton of DBx1 needles that came with my Hitachi treadle. I didn't realize the 16x231 and DBx1 are the same needle! Always something to learn and I love it! I can't wait to get the Adler cabinet re-finished and ready to bring in the house! I just love that Adler! It is so cool to have a reverse on a treadle! Cathy, I checked all my treadles and the Adler is the only one with the large and small belt groove for fast and slow treadling!

Nancy

Last edited by Mizkaki; 02-05-2013 at 07:00 PM.