Old 02-05-2013, 08:58 PM
starshine

Ok going to bed so it must be time to catch up on QB. Maybe I can offer a clue why some aren't on here posting too much...
Anyway skaduzy if you think Ohio b/c of the cardinal-7 count them 7 states have claimed cardinals as state birds, so maybe but maybe not.
queenof ... there are lots on here who DO like black licorice me raising my hand to black licorice.

Re-gifting question, it is ok to re-gift. The rules are stated on the first page, those are the only rules. Now some are of the opinion that re-gifting should not be done, some as stated don't think hand-made items should be re-gifted. I am of the opinion that anything can be re-gifted even hand made items. To me if someone received something they can't use, or for one reason or another wouldn't be using or even don't care for, it is better to pass it on in the hopes that someone else will use it. After all if one isn't ever going to use it or have used it gently and doubt that they will ever use it again, what is the point of it sitting in a drawer or box? Pass it on. Quilters in the past were very practical, if they weren't going to be using something why not let someone else? After all one can appreciate that someone made them something, and if they pass it on to someone else that might use it -that shows more appreciation for the work that went into making it, or the cost of buying something, than it sitting in the closet. So for me, if I send something to someone and they want to pass it on, it is fine with me. I guess if someone posts that they don't want their hand made items passed on, then don't pass it on to anyone on the board. this swap is suppose to be fun. enjoy yourself and mail by the deadline. Or talk to Lori.
Nancy in Louisiana - I still have things to get for my sp too. It is the over achievers I think that are mailing their packages already. My goal is to mail by the mail date. Sometimes I am a few days before. Once I was somewhat early cause I had something coming up.