View Single Post
Old 02-11-2008, 02:36 AM
patricej
Administrator

i don't dislike it. i just have this "thing" about symmetry and balance. it drives me nuts that it starts with a flowered row and ends with a solid. i didn't realize how disturbing that would be until i trimmed away the excess back and batting to prepare it for binding and took the photo.

i was also very frustrated because i didn't think i could add the extra flowered row without making the back look goofy. BUT the solution just hit me while i was writing this. i can fix it in a jiffy.

hmmmmm .... maybe that's why i was having such a tough time with the binding. the Quilt Fairy made sure i didn't get the binding right until i finally saw the solution. :P

P.S. i was led to this pattern by RisingPhoenix, who posted a question about it the other day. here's the link again:

http://www.quiltindex.com/SteppingStones.aspx

i made the quilt in ONE day. that is not a testament to my speed or skill. that's how easy this pattern is. i highly recommend it when you need to make something on short notice.

P.S.S. i cut 3.5" strips (instead of the 4.5" called for in the pattern) so it would fit onto the crib-sized batting i already had. with 3.5" strips, i used the same amount of all four fabrics. i got 6 blocks from each set of four width-of-fabric strips (one strip of each fabric).