View Single Post
Old 02-06-2013, 05:45 AM
irishphoenix

Hi Again..oh thankyou thankyoue veryone that replied. TBH I was nearly crying this morning ( I know stupid isnt it?) over the thread for this quilt. I have some varigated embroidery thread for my 350e and it looked so pretty on the sample as well as a subtler straw coloured thread which had this lovely sheen. I got really excited about it as it looked so pretty and then heard that the rayon isnt as strong and like Judy said -wont hold up for wear and tear with use.
Your advice is great as I have to order online as there are no stores near me with that stock anything barring the Gutterman standard (beige or off white) cotton in small spools.
I bought from Barnyarns last year for embroidery threads and found them good but, as you say, their site is still down since yesterday . I will be looking in later with this list
I cannot tell you how greatful I am for your advice..I was really stuck-you are such a great bunch on here and I really appreciate your help. I like the sound of Aurifil and Superior. I saw the King Tut online last year so I have made a note of them.