View Single Post
Old 02-06-2013, 05:56 AM
romanojg

Originally Posted by irishphoenix View Post
Hi Again..oh thankyou thankyoue veryone that replied. TBH I was nearly crying this morning ( I know stupid isnt it?) over the thread for this quilt. I have some varigated embroidery thread for my 350e and it looked so pretty on the sample as well as a subtler straw coloured thread which had this lovely sheen. I got really excited about it as it looked so pretty and then heard that the rayon isnt as strong and like Judy said -wont hold up for wear and tear with use.
Your advice is great as I have to order online as there are no stores near me with that stock anything barring the Gutterman standard (beige or off white) cotton in small spools.
I bought from Barnyarns last year for embroidery threads and found them good but, as you say, their site is still down since yesterday . I will be looking in later with this list
I cannot tell you how greatful I am for your advice..I was really stuck-you are such a great bunch on here and I really appreciate your help. I like the sound of Aurifil and Superior. I saw the King Tut online last year so I have made a note of them.
Good luck with your quilt; it truely is beautiful. The Aurifil is a great thread and the 2 ply is really strong, and great for piecing since it's 2ply you are more apt to have accurate sized squares when the block is done. all of their thread is low lint too.