Old 02-06-2013, 09:42 AM
janRN

Ggal, I like the Pam Bono blocks and downloaded most of them. I made the first one and her technique (I think she calls it rectrangles or something like that) looks confusing at first but the block goes together really well. I started sewing her Pa Dutch Tablerunner today--love how it's fitting together. Confusing at first because of the construction of "units" then sections but I'm enjoying the challenge. I hope I didn't discourage anyone about her patterns because it took me so long to cut mine. The instructions call for cutting across WOF; well none of my fabric is 44" wide because I use the sides first when cutting. If I'd have had WOF it would have taken half as long. (some of my fabric was only 10-12" wide so I had to figure out the cutting instr differently).

Anne, looks like you're in for a true Nor'easter. Stock up on milk, bread, and toilet paper (that's how our weatherman discribes a storm, whether or not you need to run to the market LOL). We've had enough snow; everyday for 3 wks we've had 1-3" per day. Just nuisance snow but a real PITA to keep shoveling, salting, and swearing. Put some soup in the crockpot and sew!

Anael, I checked out the 50 Stars--yours are gorgeous. If you ever have the time I hope you get back to them. They'll make a beautiful quilt or table runner if you don't make more blocks. Your family is your priority now!

Just had a few (very few) peeks of sun. Back to the Batcave and my table runner!