View Single Post
Old 02-06-2013, 01:04 PM
littlebitoheaven

Originally Posted by Maggiem View Post
Does fleece behave the same way? I am thinking of backing some wheelchair quilts with fleece and am wondering about batting, and whether the fleece will stretch or behave nicely during quilting, so I will be watching this thread for any information and tips!
Maggiem! I have used fleece and berber (spelling?) and both worked well and quilted easily. I made a pink & black cat quilt for a Board member's wife who was having cancer surgery. The feedback that I received from her husband was that it was her and her grandchildren's favorite quilt and that they snuggled under it in her bed. This feedback was very much appreciated. The quilt had no batting. They received many quilts from Board members so I was delighted that she did use mine with the GKs. My only concern about fleece is buying one that doesn't pill. After all the expense and work piecing the front, I really don't want to do something that will take away from the piecing.

I am just now trying to decide whether or not to back my crib quilt with minkee. I am not a great fan of minkee, however, it is luciously soft. Will have to think about this for a while.