View Single Post
Old 02-06-2013, 01:26 PM
quilttiger

1. little red Wonder clips by Clover...get the 50-count package. The smaller package of 10 is not enough!

2. Quilt Dome by Clover. It is a gadget for holding ten needles that you have threaded yourself. Comes in handy when you are hand sewing something such as binding, and you don't feel like stopping to thread a needle.

3. Desk Needle Threader by Clover - a great gadget for cutting the thread and then threading the needle. Just put the needle with the eye down into the slot. Place the thread across the slot and press the lever. Presto, the needle is threaded for you.

These items are not heavy and can be found in local fabric and quilt stores. They are available online from usual sources as Joann Fabrics, Connecting Threads, Amazon, Walmart's website, etc.

You mentioned glue...I am partial to Elmer's school glue which is wonderful for basting, etc. and it is washable. And the cost is reasonable.

Your husband is a real gem to have thought of doing this for you! I have no idea of what is available and not available in UK but those came to my mind.