Old 02-06-2013, 04:04 PM
tracibug

Awwwww that would have made me feel horrible as well. The mug rug you sent me is sooooooo incredibly me and everyone who comes to my desk asks about it. Thank you again so much for putting such thoughtfulness in to your gifting.

Originally Posted by gzuslivz View Post
Here is my experience with re-gifting. For one of my first swaps, my sp said that she like purples and flowers and she wanted a mug rug. So, I got busy and chose some purple floral fabrics. I made a mug rug for her and used special machine stitches for quilting. I put a lot of thought into it. The very next month, I saw a photo that she had given it to her sp. My feeling were hurt because I followed all her likes and she still gave it away.

I do think that it's a very good thing to pass on/regift books, templates, needles, fabric, magazines, etc. If I send you something that you can't use, by all means pass it on. But to give away something that was made especially for you, as per your likes is hurtful and maybe even rude. I was taught to appreciate what someone has done for you. That's just my opinion based on personal experience.