View Single Post
Old 02-06-2013, 04:35 PM
Jan in VA

Location: Piedmont Virginia in the Foothills of the Blue Ridge Mtns.

I wish there were not this division between quilters, that we could all just BE quilters, no matter our preference.

I don't do much applique; I no longer use homespuns; I rarely paper-piece; I went through a solids-only phase, then left it for years, then have come back to using them intermittently again; I don't hand piece, but I do hand or machine quilt the finished top; I use speed-piecing/strip-piecing methods and every easier-to-get-it-done tool at my disposal; I prefer cotton and wool battings, but have made quilts with polyester and bamboo, too; I like open/negative spaces in some of my quilts; I design most of the quilts I make; I've perfected my traditional block piecing, but also do curves occasionally; as I age I find I want to do easier piecing that showcases the beauty of the fabrics; I am now 68.

None of these things make me more of a "traditional" quilter or less of a "modern" quilter, I'm just a passionate quilter! I love all quilts, all colors, all designs, all sizes, most fabrics, and any quilter who makes an effort to join the club. Please don't reject me or leave me out of your "movement" as I want to be part of it all!

Jan in VA