Thread: Janome mc6600
View Single Post
Old 02-07-2013, 04:22 AM
patricej
Administrator

i've had my 6600P for a few years. (three, i think.)
the only problem i've ever had is the thread slipping out of the uptake lever. soooo ... thanks to those who suggested the "backward" threading through the lever. (thanks also to those who referred to that part by a proper name. so much easier to type than "the little arm thingy that goes up and down. LOL)

i use generic Class 15 bobbins with no problems whatsoever.
i have not yet found a brand or type of thread it doesn't like.
- i use mostly Connecting Threads; Aurifil from time to time; and have even played around using Gutterman hand quilting thread in the top (not good for bobbin. creates tension issues.). there's a truely cheapy-cheap generic brand i use occassionally, too.
- i cannot attest to C&C because i can get several other brands for less so stopped buying it before i ever bought the 6600P.
- it's been a while since built bird nests because i put the bobbin in backward, but i promise it was more often than i will ever admit in writing. LOL

i have a lot of the optional accessories, too.
the three i use the most are the 1/4" Accufeed Foot (for attaching binding. i stick with the O2 for piecing), the Open Toe Accufeed Foot, and the blue-dot bobbin case for quilting.