Old 02-07-2013, 05:56 AM
BoJangles

Originally Posted by Mizkaki View Post
Nancy,

The difference between the DBx1 and 16x231 and 16x257 is the scarf or lack of one and possibly the tip length.
most of the time they are interchangeable. The exception is a zigzag machine that uses this style needle won't work with the non-scarfed versions.

Yes, I will be there on the 16th. The needles I gave you last month were a gift. No payment will be accepted.

Cathy
Thank you Cathy for the needles! Hummmm, that is interesting about the needles and a zig zag machine?

Well, yesterday I gave a friend of mine the Singer cabinet that my 127 Sphinx came out of. She brought up her 306W so we could do a test run to make sure the 306 fit in the Singer cabinet and everything would line up. Well, it fit perfectly! We didn't even have to adjust the treadle belt length! The hinges lined up perfectly, the machine fit like it was made for that cabinet, just like my 319w fits in the 66 cabinet! None of you should be afraid to get a Singer cabinet to put your 319 or 306 in! The only problem is folding the machine down. They won't fold down because the head is much thicker than either a 27/127 or 66.

Caroline, this proves that your cabinet was either not a Singer cabinet or someone had modified it before you got it because your 306 should have just sat down in the cabinet and fit like they were made for each other.

I was so excited for my friend. She has been waiting for a treadle cabinet to put her 306 in so she can treadle decorative stitches!

Nancy