View Single Post
Old 02-07-2013, 06:25 AM
tngal22

Default Would you take this deal?

A lady close by is moving and has offered this deal: I am not big on the velvet but thought I might could use some of it for appliques (think animals).

I have about 8 full boxes of fabric. Some are sheeting, there is a lot of teal/dark turquoise velvet. One box is heavy fabrics like brocade, velveteens and velvets. Some is small pieces already cut for pouches and cell covers. It is quilt weight and heavier cottons. Most are bigger sized pieces. Before I did clothing, I did bags. The boxes are large moving size boxes about 2 ft x 14 in x 10 in tall. They are mostly heavy.

There is a good bit of felt, some vintage 70s sheets and other bits. I can throw in some vintage notions like rickrack and buttons, a couple of purse handles etc. You may only use about half of it, but it is great for linings, straps,etc, quite a bit of solid color pieces in denim and light canvas/twill weight for bags that you don't have to buy. It is about average for purse making value. Mostly none of it is designer fabric. There is some vintage fabric. I have a few bits of clothing I made, like skirts, that I later decided to reuse for fabric.

I'd really rather move it all along, so maybe we can make a deal for the whole 8 boxes? I can put all these in garbage bags for you if that would work better, btw.

How does $10 box sound ? If you take all 8 boxes, I can give you a better deal than $10 box...say $60.

Also I have a hanging dress form if you would like to use it for display. I also have one shopping bag of leather and a whole big box of vinyl for pouches and purses, if you want to venture that way. Let me know if you are interested in anything besides the fabric boxes and I'll work out a price for these things.